- 400g cooked Long Grain rice
- 1/4 carrot diced
- 1/4 courgette diced
- 1/4 small white onion chopped
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- ¼ green pepper diced
- 1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 100g petit pois (garden peas)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbspn mixed spices (cayenne, chilli, Paprika mix)
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 20ml soy sauce (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 16 baby gem lettuce leaves
- Heat a wok or heavy based non stick pan ( a wok works best)
- add the oil and then fry off the diced pork
- when the pork is sealed add all the vegetables.
- Continue to fry then add the tabasco, cooked rice and season to taste.
- At this point you can add some Soy sauce to taste or avoid if you’d prefer the dish to remain coeliac friendly.
- For the last 2-3 minutes add the chopped coriander, lime juice and the whole egg.
- Mix well with two forks,
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
16 as an appetizer / 4 as a starter