This is the perfect recipe for using up leftover roast lamb leg or lamb shoulder. If anything the flavor of the lamb will be even more intense on day two or three so you’ll be left with a robust, full flavoured dish that costs pennies.
Penne Pasta with a Ragout of Roscommon Lamb, Chick Pea, Tomato & Courgette
- Chopped up remaining lamb from your roast
- 8 oz penne pasta cooked, strained and kept warm
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- ½ Courgette diced
- 1 onion
- Remaining herbs from the roast
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- saute the onion without colour and add the chopped tomatoes then the herbs and cook slowly for 30 mins, set aside
- now saute the chickpeas and courgette without colour, add the lamb and season then add the tomato sauce
- mix slowly and add a little of the remaining cooking liquor from the roast if needed.
- spoon the pasta into serving bowls and top with the ragout
- alternatively you can add the pasta to the pan and toss all the ingredients together before serving.