As we approach the end of our second week in September I am very pleased to inform you that the Class of 21/22 have made a very successful transition into the CBS school community. This is very evident from the smiles and interactions during breaktimes together with a very positive classroom atmosphere within all groups and most importantly from student testimonials.
On Thursday, August 26th we welcomed our 1st Year students to CBS Roscommon. Our morning assembly was without doubt underpinned by emotions of anxiety and fear but also excitement for what lay ahead. Students met with their class teachers allowing them to put a face to the name, school routine was discussed and the morning concluded with a tour of the school.
On Friday August 27th students sat their Assessment test and took part in a variety of teambuilding activities which enhanced confidence and created a sense of belonging amongst the group.
On Tuesday August 31st all students were assigned into their various class groups and were introduced to their base classrooms for the first time. The student journal was distributed, best practice was discussed and students were made aware of policy and procedure within the school. Students were afforded every opportunity throughout the first week to establish a routine that worked best for them.
Feedback received from student surveys has been very positive and has allowed us to deal with challenges as they have presented. We would like to draw your attention to the following points:
- School Journals must be signed at the end of each week.
- Individual student timetables are now available on Vsware.
- Class announcements will be posted regularly on the First Year Team.
- If a student has an appointment it is very important that a Parent/Guardian signs the student out of the school at Reception or complete the Attendance tab on VSware. This will automatically update the attendance register for your son.
- A note to explain an absence must be presented to the Deputy Principal on return to school and or use the facility on VS ware.
In line with Public Health guidelines our 1st Year Parent Information Evening will be rescheduled to a later date. Details of a new confirmed date will be communicated to you in due course.
We look forward to working with your son in the coming weeks and months ahead as he strives to reach his full potential in CBS Roscommon.
Le gach de-ghuí,
1st Year Head