Homework is an essential to reinforce the teaching and learning which has taken place in the classroom. All homework assignments must be attempted and completed to the best of the students’ ability and to the satisfaction of the subject teacher. Parents / Guardians are asked to sign the student journal each day to ensure homework has been done.
Role of Student:
- All students are required to complete their homework on time and to an acceptably high standard.
- Each student must have the official school homework journal and record homework at the end of each class period.
- The journal is an integral part of the student’s record in the school and may be inspected at any time. It must not be defaced.
- Each student must have a homework / study plan and record this in journal.
- It is the students’ responsibility to get homework if they are at a match or out of the class on a school related matter.
Role of Teacher:
- To assign relevant homework, taking into account age, ability and time available to student and number of subjects being studied.
- To monitor homework.
- To communicate any concerns in relation to homework to parents through the School Journal.
- To give adequate time to take down homework at end of class into the student journal.
- To give a reasonable amount of time for completion of longer homework assignments.
Role of Parent:
- Allocation of adequate and regular time for study is a priority.
- To provide suitable study facilities for the student.
- To monitor and sign homework journal on a weekly basis.
- Reasons for non-presentation of homework should be recorded in journal by parent.
Daily / incl. weekend
|First Year||1½ hrs.||9 hrs.|
|Second Year||2 hrs.||12 hrs.|
|Third Year||3 hrs.||18 hrs.|
|Fourth Year||2 hrs.||12 hrs.|
|Fifth Year||3 – 4 hrs.||18 – 24 hrs.|
|Sixth Year||3 – 4 hrs.||18 – 24 hrs.|