CBS Roscommon Parents’ Council Newsletter
The CBS Parents’ Council meets usually 5 or 6 times each year. All parents in the school are members and are very welcome to attend the meetings. Notice of each meeting is texted in advance. Thanks to all the parents who have contributed at the meetings and to those who helped out in all sorts of ways during the last year.
The Parents’ Council supports the school by helping out at functions in the school, organising fundraising activities, providing feedback to the school and being consulted on issues affecting the students. Over recent years we have been consulted on the Anti-bullying policy and the school’s Code of Behaviour.
- The Church Gate Collection was held earlier in the year. Thanks to the parents in Roscommon town who helped but also those parents who took on responsibility for the other churches. This help is greatly appreciated and resulted in a total collection of €3058.22. A big thanks to all!
- The TY students did the Flag Day collection on behalf of the parents and €470.43 was collected on day.
- In February, a hugely enjoyable and successful Cookery demonstration was organised in the Abbey Hotel. Celebrity Chef, Gary O’ Hanlon cooked and entertained everyone on the night and €4744.05 was raised. This funding went towards IT in the school. The support from school, parents, sponsors and community was great and it resulted in a really enjoyable night.
Other donations from the Parents’ Council to the School
- €600 towards school bus hire.
- €250 towards the cost of bus hire for the 6TH year graduation night.
- Parents provided refreshments at the Graduation Mass and the Open Day in the school.
- €1,300 towards school sports award ceremonies.
Well done to all
- Well done to all those students who have achieved highly academically, on the sports field, in science, the arts and in all kinds of ways. Thanks also to the parents/ guardians, teachers and trainers who guide and help the students reach their potential and make the school a happy, positive and productive environment for the students.
- Best wishes to all those doing State Exams, especially the Leaving Certificate students. We wish them well for the future.
We look forward to working with the school over the coming year and welcome all the help, suggestions and support that parents can give. In the meantime, we hope you have a lovely summer.
Regards from the elected members of the Parents’ Council:
Marie O’Connor Chairperson
Anne Tully, Secretary
Paula O’Rourke, Treasurer